The Next Industrial Revolution? How the Internet of Things will Transform Manufacturing
The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to transform manufacturing – from improved operational efficiency on the plant floor to new product and service offerings that create stronger customer relationships. For example elevator manufacturer ThyssenKrup has leveraged IoT to dramatically change the game in elevator reliability through predictive and even preemptive service. One thing is certain – companies who currently do not have a plan for leveraging IoT, or are not in the process of developing one, risk falling behind their competition.
Join us for a webcast that seeks to demystify the Internet of Things for manufacturers. We will share its latest insights on IoT in manufacturing, We will share its journey in harnessing the power of IoT, and Microsoft will discuss the elements of an IoT solution and best ways to get started on your own IoT journey.
What you will learn:
- How IoT will impact manufacturing enterprises
- Core elements of IoT solutions
- Examples of current IoT implementations
- Insights from ThyssenKrup’s IoT implementation (challenges faced, incorporating legacy products, economic considerations)
- Considerations and challenges for implementing IoT programs security, standards, etc.)
- How to get started with your own IoT project.